Friday 11 March 2011

Research into newspaper covers and 2nd pages.

I've collected Metro newspapers over the last few months, I've scanned some of its 1st and 2nd pages as my research. I understand that Metro might not be a perfect example for a local newspaper , but it's helpful in developing my first and second pages. I can look for ideas to help me make my newspaper look interesting.

I also bought The sun, Echo and The Recorder newspapers in order to look how other newspapers look like, because even though the internet is very helpful, sometimes it's better to look at the actual newspaper. I wanted to look at as many examples as possible before making and while making my pages and also poster. Looking at many different newspapers enables me to choose the best ideas for my newspaper to make the audience interested.

I've scanned the newspapers, it's not the best quality but you can see how the pages look like.

Front Covers.













2nd Pages.









I was thinking of using JUST adverts for my second page but decided that it might be too simple and not interesting. I want the newspaper to be smart and not boring. So I am going to use some adverts , but I might also add an article or something like that to make the page look more interesting. I must add the newspaper's name and page number at the top, because I think that's one of the most important things. Reader must know which page they are at and how to find it by looking at the content. 
I will have contents page as well, just to let reader know what's in the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment