Thursday 24 March 2011

Research into local newspaper websites.

I looked through the internet and print screened few of them.

I looked at newspaper websites like the independent, and also websites like Echo. I also have some examples of Lithuanian websites.
Most of the website titles stand out so that people would see which newspaper website it is.
I like the fact that one of them has a video in, because it's more interesting to watch a video than read, audience will be persuaded to watch it when they see it at the middle of the page.
The websites are colourful, it's done this way to attract readers attention, newspaper can look serious and simple but the websites usually contain more photos and more colour.
I am thinking whether I should add the weather box on my website, because not all of them have it, I don't think it's necessary, but I am going to do more research on it.
I realised that the websites which have one or two big photos look better than the ones with just small photos, I will use one big photo on my website page as well, then I will use a lot of small ones as well.
I will add headlines of local and national news, because as I can see in all the other websites there's not only local news, I could find international news as well. Audience needs to have a lot of information to choose from and find what's most interesting to the individual.
The more information the website contains the wider audience it will have, because people are interested in different things, variety of topics will increase the readers circle.
I am going to use bright colour in my website to make it eye catching, I am thinking of adding red headlines.




 Lithuanian website.









 Lithuanian website

No comments:

Post a Comment